Commodity plastics boom driven by rising demand, especially in emerging economies. Material science, manufacturing, and packaging innovations fuel growth, alongside sustainability concerns. Explore stakeholder opportunities for sustainable, functional, and interactive packaging in our FMI report.
NEWARK, Del., Feb. 8, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — By 2034, it is projected that the size of the global commodity plastic market will be valued at US$ 1170 billion. It is predicted to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 6.7% from 2024 to 2034. By 2024, the market is projected to be worth US$ 610.1 billion.
Get Instant Access to the Exclusive Sample Report: Commodity Plastic Industry Trends and Opportunities
As emerging nations become more urbanized, there will be a surging demand for high-demand plastics, particularly from the infrastructure, consumer goods, and construction industries. The growing middle class is expected to increase the demand for packaged goods, including food, drink, and household goods packed in generic plastic.
It is anticipated that continued developments in material science, manufacturing techniques, and package designs will drive the development of new commodity plastic varieties. The increasing trend of contemporary consumers buying online is expected to propel the demand for both regular and bulk plastics.
Demand is expected to be driven by businesses’ continued preference toward environmentally friendly substitutes for traditional mainstream plastics, such as recycled materials, biodegradable polymers, and bio-based plastics. Leading companies’ attention to the creation of a circular economy is anticipated to spur improvements in material recovery, recycling techniques, and waste management procedures.
It is anticipated that increased awareness of plastic pollution and the implementation of strict regulations to reduce it in a number of nations would spur innovation in the commodity plastic sector. Interactive consumer interaction, shelf life extension, and tamper-evident solutions are expected to be made possible by the incorporation of functional additives, active substances, and innovative technologies into commodity plastic packaging solutions.
Key Takeaways from the Commodity Plastic Market Report-
- South Korea is set to lead the commodity plastic market by showcasing a CAGR of 8.0% in the forecast period.
- Japan’s commodity plastic industry is projected to witness a CAGR of 7.7% in the evaluation period.
- The United States is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 210.1 billion by 2034.
- Based on type, the polyethylene (PE) segment is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 6.5% from 2024 to 2034.
- In terms of the end-use industry, the packaging segment is predicted to showcase a CAGR of around 6.4% in the estimated period.
“The need for commodity plastic manufacturing is expected to rise in emerging countries due to the ever-expanding e-commerce sector, which mostly uses plastics for packaging and shipping. Countries with well-established automobile sectors are set to witness new opportunities as manufacturers frequently employ commodity plastics to create lightweight exterior and interior elements that increase fuel efficiency.” – says Nikhil Kaitwade (Associate Vice President at Future Market Insights, Inc.).
In order to meet the increasing demand from contemporary customers, leading enterprises in the commodity plastic market are concentrating on offering creative plastic packaging solutions. Large sums of money are being spent on research & development in an effort to find innovative packaging that complies with regulations and helps lessen plastic pollution. A few other businesses are attempting to increase their market share in the antibacterial commodity plastic industry.
Key Companies Profiled in the Commodity Plastic Market Report
- LG CHEM
- SUMITOMO CHEMICAL
- In November 2023, Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs) designed especially for banana packing were introduced in partnership with Arena Packing by Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc., a well-known manufacturer of premium fruits and vegetables. With this packaging, the company hopes to extend the shelf life of bananas while cutting expenses and carbon emissions.
- Ecolab and TotalEnergies collaborated to introduce their revolutionary plastic packaging in February 2023. As the packaging solution is composed of recycled materials, the heavy-use packaging sector will be more sustainable. The companies claimed that their innovative packaging method would help the industry meet the EU’s circularity obligations.
Secure Your Competitive Edge! Buy Now for Comprehensive Insights on Revenue Forecasts, Company Rankings, and More! https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/18954
Commodity Plastic Market Outlook by Category
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Poly (Methyl Methacrylate) (PMMA)
By End-use Industry:
- Consumer Goods
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- South Asia and Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa
More Insights into the Commodity Plastic Market Report
In its latest report, Future Market Insights (FMI) offers an unbiased analysis of the global commodity plastic market, providing historical data from 2019 to 2023 and forecast statistics for the period 2024 to 2034. To understand the global market potential, growth, and scope, the market is segmented based on type, end-use industry, and region.
Request to Access the Detail Research Methodology from here!
About Future Market Insights (FMI) – Chemicals and Materials
The chemicals and materials division of Future Market Insights (FMI) offers a distinct and pinpoint analysis of the chemicals and materials industry. This exhaustive coverage extends from commodity, bulk, specialty, and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology in particular, with special emphasis on ‘green alternatives, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand-trade assessment. Our research studies serve as reference points for market guidelines for chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing ‘The Way Forward’.
About the Author:
Nikhil Kaitwade (Associate Vice President at Future Market Insights, Inc.) has over a decade of experience in market research and business consulting. He has successfully delivered 1500+ client assignments, predominantly in Automotive, Chemicals, Industrial Equipment, Oil & Gas, and Service industries.
His core competency circles around developing research methodology, creating a unique analysis framework, statistical data models for pricing analysis, competition mapping, and market feasibility analysis. His expertise also extends wide and beyond analysis, advising clients on identifying growth potential in established and niche market segments, investment/divestment decisions, and market entry decision-making.
Nikhil holds an MBA degree in Marketing and IT and a Graduate in Mechanical Engineering. Nikhil has authored several publications and quoted in journals like EMS Now, EPR Magazine, and EE Times.
Explore FMI’s Extensive Coverage in the Chemicals and Materials Domain:
- Polypropylene Market Covering Sales Outlook, Up-to-date Key Trends, Market Size and Forecast, 2022-2030. – Review and Request to Access the Sample PDF.
- Bio-Plastic Market by PLA and PLA Blends from 2023 to 2033. – Review and Request to Access the Sample PDF.
- Plastic Compounding Market Covering Sales Outlook, Up-to-date Key Trends, Market Size and Forecast, 2023-2033. – Review and Request to Access the Sample PDF.
- Advanced Ceramics Market Covering Sales Outlook, Up-to-date Key Trends, Market Size and Forecast, 2023-2033. – Review and Request to Access the Sample PDF.
- Thiamine Market Analysis by Thiamine Mononitrate and Thiamine Hydrochloride, from 2023 to 2033. – Review and Request to Access the Sample PDF.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading market intelligence and consulting service provider, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai and has delivery centers in the UK, the U.S., and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Nandini Singh Sawlani
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/the-future-of-plastic-how-the-global-commodity-plastic-market-will-expand-to-us-1170-billion-by-2034–future-market-insights-inc-302057813.html
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. TheNewsThisWeek.co.uk takes no editorial responsibility for the same.